Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Organizing References into Groups
Attaching PDF files
- Save the PDF on your computer or USB.
- In EndNote, select the reference you would like to attach the PDF to and click on the paper clip button.
- Locate where you have saved the PDF and open it.
- The PDF is attached to the reference and can be searched, highlighted, e-mailed.
- You can also drag and drop the PDF from your desktop into the open record in EndNote and it will attach itself.
- Click on any other reference to bring up a “Do you want to save the changes you made to the reference?” pop-up box. Click Yes.
- Repeat these steps to attach PDFs to other references.
To edit a reference in EndNote-
- Double click on the reference you want to edit
- Make the required changes
- Close the reference (saving if prompted)
Searching Your Library
You can locate a single reference or a group of common references by using the Quick Search Box at the top of the screen or by opening the Search Panel.
- Click on Show Search Panel (top right side of screen) if it is hidden
- Type in your search terms
- Choose the field you wish to search (author, title, etc.)
- Use the Boolean AND and OR to connect multiple terms
- Match Case will make your search case-sensitive; Match Word will force your search to find your exact words
- Click on Search